If you’re from abroad and you’re planning to buy a villa in Costa Blanca, you may be interested in the Golden Visa. The Golden Visa is a residence permit designed for investors from outside the European Union who wish to settle in Spain.
This residence visa was created in September 2013 through Entrepreneurs Law 14/2023, a regulation that has been updated and extended over time. Below we will explain what this visa consists of and how to apply for the Golden Visa to buy a villa in Costa Blanca.
Remember you can also find information on our blog about the Digital Nomad Visa, another residence permit recently approved in our country that allows you to reside in Spain for up to 5 years while continuing to work for a company located abroad.
Benefits of the Golden Visa
This visa for investors offers great benefits for foreign nationals:
- Work and live in Spain for a period of one year, which may be extended for two further periods of two years each, subject to proof of maintenance of the property.
- Free movement within the EU and Schengen area.
- Include spouse and under-age children as well as other family members of working age.
- Visa application directly from Spain.
- Processing of visa and residence permit in less than 20 days.
Ways to obtain the Golden Visa
The aim of the Golden Visa is to boost the Spanish economy by attracting foreign capital in exchange for a residence permit for both the investor and his or her family. In order to be able to apply for this visa, one of the following conditions must be met:
- Purchase of real estate: for a purchase of 500,000 euros or more.
- Investment: 2 million euros in national public debt securities, 1 million euros in closed-end investment funds or venture capital funds built in Spain or 1 million euros in deposits made in Spanish banks.
- Business Project: presentation of a project that can be developed entirely in Spain and that can be considered to be a generator of employment, taking into account its socio-economic and/or scientific and technological impact.
How to apply for the Golden Visa
To apply for a Golden Visa for the purchase of a villa in Costa Blanca, interested parties must first contact the Spanish Consulate in their country of origin. The Large Companies-Strategic Groups Unit will issue a residence permit.
The paperwork to be provided by foreign nationals is as follows:
- Identity Card or Passport.
- Health insurance, either public or private, from an institution operating in Spain.
- Criminal record certificate.
- Proof of personal and family financial solvency for the period of residence.
- Foreigner’s identification number or NIE.
- Property Registry Certificate.
- Deed of purchase of the property.
At Hispania Homes, we have a team of real estate professionals at your disposal who will not only help you find the villa in Costa Blanca that best suits what you are looking for, but will also guide you in the processing of all the necessary paperwork both for the purchase and for the Golden Visa application should you need it.
Villas in Costa Blanca
The Costa Blanca offers a wide variety of luxury villas to choose from when it comes to obtaining your Golden Visa. Luxury villas of different styles and with all the comforts to enjoy the many benefits of Mediterranean life.
The most sought-after features when buying a luxury villa on the Costa Blanca include villas with sea views where privacy allows you to enjoy a life out of sight of onlookers, large garages with space for several vehicles, en-suite bedrooms and, of course, outdoor and/or heated swimming pools.
You can take a look at the villas that we have available for sale on our website.
>> Villas in Costa Blanca <<
Furthermore, if you are looking for something that is not available on our website or you would like more information about the sales process in Spain or the procedures to follow to apply for a Golden Visa in Costa Blanca, you can always get in touch with our team.