We tell you how much a house in Moraira will cost according to the evolution of prices in this region over the last few months and the elements that can increase or decrease the price of houses in this area.
Twenty-two per cent of Spaniards intend to buy a home in the next 5 years. This was revealed in the Radiography of the housing market in the second half of 2022 carried out by Fotocasa. Despite the constant rises in the price of housing in recent years, Spaniards’ intention to buy remains intact.
What’s more, 2022 ended with more than 600,000 property transactions and real estate activity that, according to the Property Registrars, holds at similar levels to those reached in 2008 at the height of the real estate boom.
Focusing on the municipality of Moraira, where the Hispania Homes real estate agency is located, 517 property sales were registered during the first three quarters of 2022. The following graph shows the evolution in the number of sales over the last few quarters.
But, how will the price of houses in Moraira evolve during 2023? How much will it cost to buy a property in Moraira?
Selling price of a house in Moraira
According to data published by the real estate portal Fotocasa regarding average sales prices per square metre, the price of housing in Moraira has evolved in a positive way since the second quarter of 2019. This increase is even more noticeable from June to November 2022, although a slight decrease was already apparent in the last month analysed.
In 2023 the price of housing in Moraira is expected to fall, but only slightly. The increase in interest rates may cause property purchases to decrease due to the difficulty people will have in obtaining a mortgage loan. However, the most common type of buyer in Moraira and Costa Blanca in general does not need financing and, if they do need it, they tend to have already secured it from their country of origin. By this, we mean that we do not believe that the price per m2 in this region will fall as much as it will in the rest of the country.
If you are thinking of buying a property in Moraira, here are some of our latest additions to our property portfolio.
However, if you still haven’t found anything that matches what you’re looking for, you can always contact us. Our real estate agency will register your request and as soon as we find something that matches what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you so that you’ll be the first to know about it.
Example of a property for sale in Moraira
Now let’s imagine that we want to sell. We have a 110 m2 property and we want to sell it. According to the latest Idealista data from November 2022, a property of this size would reach an average market price of 182,270 euros. However, this price could vary depending on different factors:
- The area: Proximity to the coast, public transport, public services nearby…
- Type of property: A detached house is not the same as a terraced house or a flat in a block.
- Height: In a residential building, higher storeys will always command a higher price.
- Age: The newer the property, the more money you can get for it.
- Renovations: The latest renovations carried out on the property or building increase the value of the property.
- Orientation: Does the property have a sea view, and how many hours of sunshine does it enjoy?
- Energy efficiency: more efficient homes save on household bills, so buyers are willing to pay more for them.
How to increase the price of your property
Although there are elements of the property that we cannot change (height, location, orientation…), there are also others that we can work with to obtain greater profitability.
A lot of them have to do with renovations or adaptations to the building, something that will require some investment. However, many others are related to the presentation and promotion of the property itself. Although these are not elements that directly increase the price of a property, they can help to attract the attention of buyers and close the transaction in a faster and more profitable way.
We are alluding to:
- Staging: The way the property is displayed will influence the impression made on prospective buyers.
- Photographs: How professional are the photographs shown, are there videos?
- Advertisement: A detailed advertisement showing the main information about the property will help to sell it.
- Portfolio of buyers: If we show the property to a defined portfolio of buyers, there is a better chance of finding a buyer quickly and therefore avoiding the dreaded price drops.
- Paperwork in order: A property that has all the paperwork that the sale requires will speed up potential buyers’ intention to purchase.
*Although we do not yet know exactly what the price of houses in Moraira will be in 2023, our experience in the real estate sector over the years allows us to anticipate future market movements, giving us an advantage over private buyers and sellers and other less experienced real estate agents.
If you’re thinking of buying, selling or investing in Moraira in 2023, please contact us by filling in the form below.
You can also read our Costa Blanca Selling Guide to find out the steps you need to take to sell your property safely and securely, with the best advice from the best professionals in the area.